Household information for 1105 Altschul Avenue
- Emergency Contacts <--
- Local News Outlets
- Elected-Office Political Districts
- Elected-Office Special Districts
- Appointive-Office Special Districts
Fire / paramedic emergencies:
Menlo Park Fire Protection District: 911 (non-cellular) or (650) 688-8400.
- San Mateo County sheriff: 911 (non-cellular) or (650) 726-8286 (dispatch centre). Non-emergency: (650) 363-4911.
- Menlo Park police: 911 (non-cellular) or (650) 325-4424. Non-emergency: (650) 330-6300.
Utilities urgent matters:
- PG&E (gas leaks, power outages): (800) 743-5000. outage map
- PG&E (updates on power outages): (800) 743-5002. Customer service: (800) 743-5000. We're in rotating outage block 10 subblock F. (address lookup)
- West Bay Sanitary (sewage outflows): (650) 321-0384. Emergency line: (650) 321-0384.
- S.M. County Public Works (sewage outflows): (650) 363-4765, or (650) 363-4000 after hours. Emergency line: (650) 599-7281 (per USA 811 North).
- Recology San Mateo County (refuse pickup): (1, 2) (650) 595-3900
- AT&T (ex-SBC, ex-Pacific Bell) line down: 611 (non-cellular) or (800) 310-2355.
- Water (California Water Service emergency repair): (650) 854-5454, (650) 367-6800 (according to USA North 811), during business hours, and (650) 553-4631 after hours. We're in their Bear Gulch District, but they'll mostly need street address and cross street.
- Street lights (Menlo Park Public Works): (650) 330-6740.
- Street lights (S.M. County Public Works), 24 hours: (650) 599-1407.
- Comcast Business: Emergency line: 888-824-8219. Accounts: (800) 266-2278 or (800) 391-3000. California customer service: (800) 945-2288. Customer service: (877) 589-8809 Billing: (800) 934-6489. Technical Support: (866) 316-1619.
- Menlo Park Public Works: Emergency line: (650) 330-6780 (per USA 811 North).
- AT&T (former PacBell/SBC/etc.): Emergency line: 510-645-2929 (per USA 811 North).
Street Sweeping: As of Dec. 2015, occurs 1st Thursdays & 3rd Thursdays.
For context: We are not inside the Menlo Park city limits, but many of our neighbours are. (1105 Altschul Avenue is on a strip of unincorporated county land called variously West Menlo Park or "University Heights".)
- PurpleAir map (US EPA scaling factor is now default to match AirNow's AQI reporting; uncheck "Inside Sensors" for wildfire pollution)
- Fire and Smoke Map @EPA, includes both official & lower-cost (e.g., PurpleAir) sensors, has a time lag
- EPA AirNow (static AQI map; shows 3 hr data a/o page load)
- BAAQMD AQI forecast
- IQAir AQI & forecast
- IQAir AirVisual Earth 3D real-time air pollution & winds map
- NOAA HRRR-Smoke model visualization
- NOAA GOES Image Viewer
- AccuWeather air quality info/forecast
- US Wildfire Activity Web map
- Satellite Signals map (enter 37 degrees 25.82 mins N, 122 degrees 12.25 mins W, size=10)
- CalTopo map
- NOAA Geostationary Lightning Mapper
- NASA Fire Information for Resource Management System map
- S.F. Chronicle CA Air Quality and Wind Map
- Windy.com wind map
- National Fire Situational Awareness map
- CAL FIRE CZU Twitter (includes links to Operations Briefings video)
- CAL FIRE CZU Facebook
- CAL FIRE top-level incidents page: subpages cover current incidents
- InciWeb Incident Information System: interagency site for response to emergencies & similar
- NWS weather forecast
We are in CAL FIRE (California Dept. of Forestry and Fire Protection) evacuation zone MP-E001, serviced by CAL FIRE's CZU (San Mateo / Santa Cruz) Administrative Unit (map).
Updated: Sun Oct 17 17:58:17 PDT 2021