[sf-lug] End Monday Evening meetings? Please Discuss

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 11:41:58 PDT 2019

whoa...
asking for opinions on a public mail list...
you ARE a brave soul ;-))

so you threw a barbary coast penny @ me for my thoughts hence i shall
penny ante in so i don't have to make change...

not much up side to monday evening other than those who come by after
'work'/'school'
and we haven't seen much of that if any.

sunday loyalty is worthy of honoring and extending the time would only
benefit and possibly manifest
more interest from those whom will travel farther and those whom seek
help...
folks can always leave when they want and if all decide to leave earlier
someone can quickly post to the mail list
that everyone's leaving [e.g. "seems at this point all that are coming are
here and we're ready to head out"].

>>>m......>>>

message ends.
_________________

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:40 PM Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com>
wrote:

>      Hi LUGers,
>
>          I just want to make clear that I have no objection to riding
> the bus at
> 8 PM but it takes a half an hour to get back to Larkin Street and I have a
> 3
> block walk with my equipment in the rolling bag.   When I was younger
> that was not so much but now when I got back from the meeting on
> Sunday I  was too tired to do anything else.  Also through the dark streets
> at night makes me nervous these days.
>
>      However if anyone wants to meet at other times I will be happy
> to help them if they cannot wait for a meeting  at the Cafe Enchante
> or whatever other public venue we end up at.  I would rather see a
> meeting on the 2nd Sunday whether it is two or three hours but
> while I will be happy to be there at the start of meeting I cannot
> state unequivocally that I will be there until the end of the meeting...
> If the group keeps the meeting on 1st Sunday with extended
> hours the same is true.
>
>      And I hope more than the few meeting attendees will give
> us the privilege of their opinions.
>
>      Bobbie Sellers
>
> On 9/2/19 9:37 PM, Todd Hawley wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 4:53 PM jim <jim at well.com
> > <mailto:jim at well.com>> wrote:
> >

> >     Thank you, Bobbie.
> >
> >         My health has degraded over the last few
> >     years, now to the point that evenings out
> >     require more energy than I have.
> >         I have previously been able to get to
> >     Monday evening meetings and afterward drive
> >     Bobbie and usually one or two others to their
> >     homes or bus stops and such. That is now
> >     difficult for me.
> >         Because the Monday evening meetings have
> >     been lightly attended (Bobbie and one or two
> >     others, occasionally just Bobbie and me), I
> >     think it will not do harm that we discontinue
> >     meetings on Monday evenings. this will help
> >     me and Bobbie, too.
> >         I propose we do so.
> >
> >         If we continue Monday evening meetings,
> >     it is likely that I will not be able to be
> >     there, which means Bobbie will have to take
> >     the bus home around 8 PM.
> >

> > Since no one else besides Jim & Bobbie have commented, I suppose I
> > will. I've attended the Monday
> > night meeting once or twice. I had fun, but since I live on the south
> > end of SF, it takes me an hour or
> > so to get there, plus I have to find somewhere to park. I'm wondering
> > if others have this same issue too
> > if hardly anyone regularly attends.
> >
> > Also in my case, I usually work Monday evenings so it's impossible for
> > me to attend anyway. Since it
> > seems Jim and Bobbie no longer have the energy to do the Monday night
> > monthly meeting, plus
> > the low attendance I also propose discontinuing it.
> >
> > Best,
> > -th

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*