[sf-lug] Void Linux and SF-LUG meeting on Monday 19 June

acohen36 acohen36 at SDF.ORG
Tue Jun 13 07:00:34 PDT 2017

Quoting Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> from [1]:

> I have downloaded an interesting sounding distribution. Void Linux
> which Aaron may have mentioned at the last meetings. I sort of
> ignored it on Distrowatch. This URL will take you to their site:
> <http://www.voidlinux.eu/>

Giving proper credit where credit is due, I think it was actually Antonio
M who first mentioned Void Linux at the 2016-12-19 SF-LUG meeting.
See Bobbie S's post at [2].

Quoting Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> from [1]:

> I have both the i686 and the amd64 versions downloaded check-summed and
> written to CDs.. void-live-i686-20170220-mate.iso &
> void-live-x86_64-musl-20170220-mate.iso I tried it out live and will be
> happy to show it off to anyone interested but will not be installing it.
> You should read the documentation before thinking about installing this
> system.

Of direct relevance, also see ~the bottom half of Antonio M's own reply of
the sf-lug post at [3] starting with "If you want to give it a spin, in
VirtualBox, a Vagrant box can be had, here:
https://atlas.hashicorp.com/antonio-malcolm/boxes/base-void-x86_64"...

-A

Refs:

[1]'SF-LUG meeting on Monday 19 June at the Cafe Enchante',
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2017q2/012644.html

[2]'Meeting notes from Monday December 19, 2016',
<http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2016q4/012373.html>

[3]'pfSense, Void Linux, Salutations, and Other Meeting Notes (was Re:
SF-LUG meets Sunday January 1. 2017 - Happy New Year!)',
<http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2016q4/012435.html>

acohen36 at sdf.org SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.org