[sf-lug] sharing calendars without Google?

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Sun Aug 21 18:51:31 PDT 2022

Akkana Peck wrote on 2022-08-21 17:33:

> I've been trying to find a way to share a calendar between my Linux
> machine and my Android phone -- without involving Google or Apple.

Honestly, sounds like a job for NextCloud + DAVx5 (Android).

I sync all contacts and calendar events that way, works for tasks too,
plus a handy "back up my photos to my cloud" with NextCloud Android
thrown in.

I like Thunderbird's CardBook for actually editing contacts over the
Android or NextCloud web interface, but that's just a personal preference.

Invaluable to have everything self-hosted and accessible from any device
anywhere.

Cheers,

Ron