[sf-lug] problem with Grub

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 08:47:11 PST 2022

On my UEFI install, I just have the background image, splash.png,  in
/boot/grub.  The below is the standard grub.cfg that seems to get
generated from 05_debian:
if background_image /boot/grub/splash.png; then
  true
else
  set menu_color_normal=white/black
  set menu_color_highlight=black/light-gray
fi

No special packages needed, but I think at some point, the image name
flexibility was lost ant the name had to be splash.png

FYI, I've had no issues with grub.cfg generated boot paragraphs for
either UEFI or legacy.  The only tailoring I do is in 40_custom to add
some ISO boots.
Ken