[sf-lug] Switch meeting from Jitsi to Zoom

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Sep 8 19:12:19 PDT 2020

I was the person who originally asked for us to continue meeting online during COVID and had sponsored the first Zoom meetings.

If the group ever does decide to switch back to Zoom, my offer still stands to sponsor you and give you free Zoom service for the monthly meetings.

With that said, however, I think there will naturally be Audio-Visual problems when connecting with a Linux OS regardless which tool is used (Jitsi or Zoom).

I believe Jitsi is an easier set-up since it's mostly a Web Interface. And, although Zoom can be a web interface as well, it is most often used as an installed client. Having a native client is a bit more stable. However, there may be difficulties in getting it installed.

I believe Jitsi aligns more with the Open Source Linux thinking and it would be the first choice if it is sufficient for the group.

But, Linux is also used in Corporate environments and I would happily sponsor your meetings if needed. I only ask that it be directly requested of me (so I don't "guess" if it's wanted or not).

Good luck and keep up the meetings in difficult times...

Kindest Regards,

Glen Jarvis
--
Consultant  / Technical Trainer / Software Engineer
Putting the Dev in DevOps

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.