[sf-lug] suggest 'Tip: It best to use Chromium/Chrome' ... Jitsi ...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Sep 6 21:23:21 PDT 2020

> Maybe somewhere Jitsi has a "browsers reported to (not) work
> with Jitsi" ... and we could leverage/link to that?

I'm pretty certain I've already provided this (but it might have been on
a different mailing list) -- the next best thing to what you're
searching for:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebRTC#Support

But again, when you're trying to help desktop users, I'm a huge fan of
_simple_.  Telling them 'Chromium or Chrome is recommended' is a simple
solution that Just Works[tm].

Saying that is _not_ claiming that something else might be better, or
that there aren't other possibilities.  It just says 'If you do this, it
should work great.'  Which is true.