[sf-lug] suggest 'Tip: It best to use Chromium/Chrome' ... Jitsi ...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Sep 6 19:51:46 PDT 2020

> Hmmm, interestingly, I've had (generally) much better success with
> using Jitsi with Firefox, than Chromium.
> Maybe a slightly broader "tip"/suggestion?  But, uhm, no,
> not whatever browsers someone still has on their
> Microsoft Windows 95 installation ... hell no.

In my experience, for information of this sort to sink in and be used,
it must be very brief and very simple.  What I suggested (including
inline link) is the best I can do -- and best reflects standard advice
I've heard from informed people.

You could try to add something to the effect that 'very recent Firefox
is also good', but (1) that adds significant wording complexity, and (2)
the sort of people most needing help will have greatest difficulty
parsing the intended reference or even knowing the distinction between
the ESR branch and others.

But hay, I invite doing better.  I've made my suggestion; now do
whatever seems best.

> Maybe somewhere Jitsi has a "browsers reported to (not) work
> with Jitsi" ... and we could leverage/link to that?

Not found.