[sf-lug] Switch meeting from Jitsi to Zoom

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Sep 6 16:24:36 PDT 2020

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):

>     More later about the meeting but I wanted to bring to your attention
> the suggestion of at least one meeting attendee that we move back to
> Zoom.   Some folks are having trouble with Jitsi meetings and think that
>  Zoom may afford a better experience.

Questions that ought to come first:

1.  Did this 'at least one meeting attendee' (and who is that, by the
way?) clarify that he/she has had no problem using the proprietary Zoom
service?

2.  Had the person attempt using Chrome (or Chromium)?  What was the
nature of the problem?

It would be tragic for that person (persons?) to motivate such a change,
only for it to be revealed that this person or persons still had the
same or worse problems, e.g., because of using an unsuitable Web browser
or having never bothered to debug system microphone/speaker/webcamproblems.

One of the most time-wasting things I see people in LUGs doing is
trying to solve the wrong problem, sometimes over and over.