[sf-lug] Aug 2 Meeting

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Aug 3 14:38:40 PDT 2020

Quoting alexkleider (alexkleider at protonmail.com):

> I had to drop out because my audio was all broken up. I attributed it
> to the bad connectivity we have out here in the country but perhaps it
> was not on the other side of our modem. Next time I'll try an ethernet
> cable (vs wifi) and see if that makes it any better.

You probably already realised this, but if you're getting dropouts or
other signs of bandwidth problems, turning off camera on your end will
save some bits and often restore performance.

But yeah, your local wifi sometimes may have temporary problems that can
be evaded by switching to a hard-wired connection.

--
Cheers,                    Long ago, there lived a creature with a
Rick Moen                  voice like a vacuum cleaner.  We know little