[sf-lug] Aug 2 Meeting

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 3 20:53:16 PDT 2020

> From: "Ken Shaffer" <kenshaffer80 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [sf-lug] Aug 2 Meeting
> Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 15:22:36 -0700

> Nothing like a real-time connection to show the deficiencies in one's
> WiFi.  Three machines, two networks, oh well, I've got a long ethernet
> cable for next time! ;^D
> Ken

Ethernet cable ... probably check too, ahead of time that it solves
the issue.  Want to be sure cable is 5e or better for
Fast Ethernet (100 Mb) or Gig Ethernet (1000 Mb), and that it's in
good working order (issues with connectors, kinks or former kinks in
cable, can downgrade cable performance or cause it to fail).

And ... testing with, e.g. Jiti.  Could always just fire up two
browser tabs at once, and double connect to same meeting "room" on
Jitsi.  Just do one of the tabs/windows in Private Browsing Mode
or Incognito Mode, or the like, so it doesn't have conflicts over
cookies and the like, and treats them as separate independent sessions.

Testing is a good thing!