[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting (from earlier) today, etc.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 6 00:49:56 PDT 2020

> >From there it went to discussion of various software, and a
> >site that Rick M. is trying to learn more about.
> Notably discussion of setting up Jitsi server, and resources,
> and Single-Sign-On integration (OAUTH I think was mentioned?)
> ... for a (Sci-Fi?) convention/gathering going virtual.

oauth2 (specifically an oauth2 provider called GLUU).

Said conference is the world's largest literary science fiction / fantasy
convention, the Worldcon.  This year, it had been scheduled to be in
Wellington, NZ, and for obvious reasons has needed to convert to a
purely virtual convention for (at least) this year.

The Worldcons are the events where the annual Hugo Awards are given out.

The 2020 Worldcon is called CoNZealand.  https://conzealand.nz/

2021's Worldcon will be DisCon III, in Washington, DC.
https://discon3.org/

The 2022 site hasn't yet been voted, and will be determined by a vote of
CoNZealand members, choosing between two qualified bids.  Likewise, site
selections for 2023 and later years haven't yet been determined.

http://www.worldcon.org/
http://www.worldcon.org/worldcon-bids/