[sf-lug] Thanks, Bobbie for all the help

Mikki McGee mikkimc at dslextreme.com
Thu Sep 5 10:11:29 PDT 2019

Hello, All,

And thanks a lot, Bobbie, for all the help so far, especially the last correction of the new computer, from Win to Ubuntu.

I would still like a meeting, perhaps earlier that the old Monday time, to avoid sitting at a Mission St. bus stop for an hour or sometimes more. I haven't been attending because Sunday noon is a challenging time, and buses are rare after 7:PM. and I am getting on in age.

Bobbie met me Monday 26th of Aug, to get the new machine into shape. She is a wonder. I also thank all the members that have helped this compu-duffer in the past.

Bless All
Mikki

Hi LUGers,

I just want to make clear that I have no objection to riding
the bus at
8 PM but it takes a half an hour to get back to Larkin Street and I have a 3
block walk with my equipment in the rolling bag. When I was younger
that was not so much but now when I got back from the meeting on
Sunday I was too tired to do anything else. Also through the dark streets
at night makes me nervous these days.

However if anyone wants to meet at other times I will be happy
to help them if they cannot wait for a meeting at the Cafe Enchante
or whatever other public venue we end up at. I would rather see a
meeting on the 2nd Sunday whether it is two or three hours but
while I will be happy to be there at the start of meeting I cannot
state unequivocally that I will be there until the end of the meeting...
If the group keeps the meeting on 1st Sunday with extended
hours the same is true.

And I hope more than the few meeting attendees will give
us the privilege of their opinions.

Bobbie Sellers