[sf-lug] End Monday Evening meetings? Please Discuss

Todd Hawley celticdm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 21:37:03 PDT 2019

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 4:53 PM jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Bobbie.
>
>     My health has degraded over the last few
> years, now to the point that evenings out
> require more energy than I have.
>     I have previously been able to get to
> Monday evening meetings and afterward drive
> Bobbie and usually one or two others to their
> homes or bus stops and such. That is now
> difficult for me.
>     Because the Monday evening meetings have
> been lightly attended (Bobbie and one or two
> others, occasionally just Bobbie and me), I
> think it will not do harm that we discontinue
> meetings on Monday evenings. this will help
> me and Bobbie, too.
>     I propose we do so.
>
>     If we continue Monday evening meetings,
> it is likely that I will not be able to be
> there, which means Bobbie will have to take
> the bus home around 8 PM.

Since no one else besides Jim & Bobbie have commented, I suppose I will.
I've attended the Monday
night meeting once or twice. I had fun, but since I live on the south end
of SF, it takes me an hour or
so to get there, plus I have to find somewhere to park. I'm wondering if
others have this same issue too
if hardly anyone regularly attends.

Also in my case, I usually work Monday evenings so it's impossible for me
to attend anyway. Since it
seems Jim and Bobbie no longer have the energy to do the Monday night
monthly meeting, plus
the low attendance I also propose discontinuing it.

Best,
-th