[sf-lug] SF-LUG Meets on Sunday September 1, 2019

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 26 10:05:43 PDT 2019

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and has been meeting every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.
It has  has been suggested that the Monday evening meeting
may be discontinued in the immediate future.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

New distributions added to the library:
Most of these are derived from Debian 10 aka "Buster"

KNOPPIX_V8.6-2019-08-08-EN.iso was mentioned before the last meeting
and we have plenty of copies of this excellent distribution on hand.

Redcore.Linux.Hardened.1908.KDE.amd64.iso
Properly installed it is tough on people trying to penetrate its security.

emmabuntus-de2-i686-stretch-1.05.iso
emmabuntus-de2-amd64-stretch-1.05.iso
These are for beginners.

netrunner-desktop-1908-64bit.iso

and I expect we will have at least one additional download
  easy-2.1-amd64.img.gz

Easy OS is a container system and the image is 504 megabytes
but it may be larger once unpacked.  This is derived from Puppy
and WoofQ is used to compile it from Debian repositories.
You can read about it at <www.distrowatch.com> and at
<http://bkhome.org/news/201908/easy-buster-21-released.html>
There are more URLs for more information at the second URL.

        Well those who show up will be welcome.
      I will be there unless the MUNI shuts down

     Bobbie Sellers