[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday, August 19, 2019 - latest 'buntus..

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 12 07:36:41 PDT 2019

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets on third Monday of every month from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and  on first Sunday of every month from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

    If you have a problem come along and maybe we can help
but if not we can usually find someone who can.

   Additions to the Distribution Library:  listed versions are of
course check-summed.  For demonstration "*" are on Flash Drives.
IF you want a DVD or a CD version in the rare case then please
let me know in advance.  If you want to try out a particular
version that I have not put on Flash Drive let me know about it
asap.

*linuxmint-19.2-xfce-64bit.iso and
   linuxmint-19.2-xfce-32bit.iso
            ==========================

     Ubuntu 18.04.3 Long Term Support
*ubuntu-18.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso
*ubuntu-mate-18.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso
     lubuntu-18.04.3-desktop-i386.iso
*lubuntu-18.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso

If some one want the Ubuntu Server or Xubuntu in
either i386 or amd64 versions let me know ASAP.
I tried out all these today and Lubuntu is very good
with a Media Check in the boot choices and has
a better file manager than I saw in the other
versions.  But Ubuntu Mate boots very fast.

            ==========================

     Voyager 19.04- Debian based with SecureBoot
capability. Uses Customized Gnome3.30.
*Voyager-10-Debian-amd64.iso
   Voyager-10-Debian-i386.iso
Also the Voyager-10-free-amd64.iso
is offered for the Linux purist who insist on
no Non-FOSS parts of the release.
If someone wants that let me know ASAP

     I hope that someone with a Windows 10 laptop
with Secure Boot enabled will show up so that we
can test that feature.
     Otherwise I was disappointed in how the system
  is setup.  Another example of over-iconification.

            ==========================

     Linux Pro magazine for August 2019 issue 225
which I got about August 7th at the Fog City News
which also sells superlative chocolates.

Distributions of the month on a double sided DVD
are SystemRescueCD 64 bit  6.03 and
openSUSE Leap 15.1 64 bit

     Headlines are: Plant Monitoring with a Raspberry Pi

     IoT on the cheap! Hacking your smartplugs and making
them talk to Linux.

    FIND Performance bottlenecks with eBPF

     Karoshi, the easy way to setup a complex server system

     TimerTools - schedule commands and sscripts with at, cron
and anacron.

     Chrony - Sync up with the other Tme Service Daemon

     Go Tricks -search for photos by GPS coordinates

     Linux Voice
• KDE Partition Editor
• DOSBox V
• maddog - on the Huawei and 5G

     Tutorials
• Scripting - add user input
• Preparing Objects for 3D printers.

and much more including "Darling" for MacOS compatibility
which is at the beginning of development.
<www.linuxpromagazine.com>

     Well I hope we see some other members at this meeting next Monday.

     I will be there.

     Bobbie Sellers