[sf-lug] Knoppix 8.5 out in Germany

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue Apr 2 14:43:31 PDT 2019

On 4/2/19 12:02 PM, aaronco36 wrote:
> Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> entitled the recent
> thread [01] as __Attn:Aaron Knoppix 8.5 out in Germany__
>
> No, that should rather be Attn: _*Klaus's*_ Knoppix 8.5 out in
> Germany!! As per Klaus Knopper's direct announcement at [02] here......
> ( Versteht irgendjemand dieses Deutsch? / Kennt jemand dieses Deutsch?? )

     It should come as no great no surprise but my German vocabulary is
quite limited.

     This was intended for you Aaron and anyone else interested because you
had told me that a new version was out.

> ~~~~~~ quoting quotierend/zitierend/veranschlagung [02] ~~~~~~
>
> -=> KNOPPER.NET News <=-
> KNOPPIX auf der Hannover Messe 2019
>
> Klaus Knopper stellt dieses Jahr nicht auf der Cebit, sondern auf der
> Hannover Messe (1.-5.4.2019) am Stand der Hochschule Kaiserslautern /
> Rheinland Pfalz, Halle 2, Stand B40[03], die -> neue Version von
> Knoppix[04] vor.
> Besucher knnen sich auf Wunsch einen selbst mitgebrachten USB-Stick
> mit KNOPPIX kostenlos bootfhig "betanken" lassen.
> -> Mehr ber die Knoppix-Tankstelle[05]...
>
> Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2019 und Knoppix 8.5
>
> Unter dem Motto "Natrlich intelligent" finden vom 16.-17.3.2019 die
> 21. Chemnitzer Linux-Tage[06] an der TU Chemnitz/GERMANY statt. Unser
> Beitrag "Wieviel KI steckt in Knoppix?"[07] und der Mini-Workshop
> "Intelligente Gerte - Wer kontrolliert das Smart Home?"[08] ist im
> umfangreichen Vortragsprogramm[09] der Veranstaltung verlinkt.
> Anlsslich des Events erscheint eine neue Knoppix-Version, 8.5, im
> Linux-Magazin[10].
> -> Knoppix 8.5 Release Notes[04]...
>
> Virtuelle Knoppix-Konferenz 2018 beim Linux-Magazin
>
> Da es im letzten Jahr leider kein Open Source Forum auf der Cebit gab,
> stellte das Linux-Magazin in Zusammenarbeit mit Klaus Knopper eine
> Online-Konferenz mit Videos zu Knoppix 8.3, Tipps und Tricks[11]
> zusammen.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Ja, das ist richtig!!
>

> Although going right back to English, I think Bobbie S is likely
> referring to the past SF-LUG threads 'KNOPPIX on USB (was: SF-LUG
> meeting notes for Mon 2019-03-18)'[12] and the other timely thread(s)
> related to 'didn't try to solve ...'[13] regarding Knoppix and Bobbie
> S's reticence to use Linux terminal/commandline commands :-\.
>
> -A

     I was not referring to anything but to the last time I saw you at a
meeting when you
said there might be a new version out.
     Knoppix works just fine but in the new release there will be new
features but basically the
the old reliable Knoppix will be there.   Check out some of the
information on 8.5 as it has
a new tool to deal with UEFI that writes to the EFI partition..
     But I don't think I can get a copy of the magazine with 8.5 on
board and will have to wait
until it is released to the rest of the world, but the 8.2 version is on
hand in black USB
Flash Drives of 8 and 16 GB capacities installed by Knoppix tools so
that you have some
space to set up your personal preferences, etc.  It is usually a long
wait for the release
of the CeBit version.

     All your references in German language are going to be a hit with the
German literate members.

     Oh and about some of the problems I reported,
Still have not been able to boot the 4MLinux 32-blt on my
64 bit drive.  I rewrote it before trying.

     But AntiX in 64 bit version booted up very nicely with
its usual display and it could find my WiFi chip.

     bliss