[sf-lug] Knoppix 8.5 out in Germany

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 2 21:45:55 PDT 2019

Quoting aaronco36 (aaronco36 at SDF.ORG):

> Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> entitled the recent
> thread [01] as __Attn:Aaron Knoppix 8.5 out in Germany__

In fairness, it takes a while for news of Knoppix being released first
in Germany to make the rounds:  Klaus has been doing some releases just in
German and bundled with an issue of Linux-Magazin only since 2002.  ;->

> ( Versteht irgendjemand dieses Deutsch? / Kennt jemand dieses Deutsch?? )

It's amazing how knowledge of two Germanic languages (Norsk and a
modest smattering of English) utterly fails to make me even remotely
competent in German.  Anyway, ich glaube, ich kann raten, was Klaus
gesagt hat.  So, I'll have a go at it.

> Klaus Knopper stellt dieses Jahr nicht auf der Cebit, sondern auf der
> Hannover Messe (1.-5.4.2019) am Stand der Hochschule Kaiserslautern /
> Rheinland Pfalz, Halle 2, Stand B40, die -> neue Version von Knoppix
> vor.  Besucher knnen sich auf Wunsch einen selbst mitgebrachten
> USB-Stick mit KNOPPIX kostenlos bootfhig "betanken" lassen.

Klaus Knopper won't being exhibiting at CeBIT this year, but rather at
the Hannover Fair (April 1-5, 2019) at the university's boot [location
omitted], [releasing] the new Knoppix release.  Visitors can bring their
own USB sticks and have them loaded with Knoppix for free.

[Skip stuff about Chemnit'z Linux Day event.]

Our presentation 'How much AI is in Knoppix' and mini-workship 'Smart
Devices: How Controls the Smart Home?' are detailed in the event's
extensive lecture program.  For this event, a new Knoppix verison (8.5)
will be released via (the German-language) Linux-Magazin.

> Virtuelle Knoppix-Konferenz 2018 beim Linux-Magazin

2018 Knoppix virtual conference in Linux-Magazin

> Da es im letzten Jahr leider kein Open Source Forum auf der Cebit
> gab, stellte das Linux-Magazin in Zusammenarbeit mit Klaus Knopper
> eine Online-Konferenz mit Videos zu Knoppix 8.3, Tipps und
> Tricks zusammen.

Unfortunately, last year's CeBIT didn't include an open source forum.
[So,] Klaus Knopper gave an online confernece including videos about
Knoppix 8.3 tips and tricks.

(I'm much better at Norsk, but one tries.)

--
Cheers,        There's no theorem like Bayes's theorem, like no theorem we know.
Rick Moen      Everything about it is appealing, everything about it is a wow.