[sf-lug] BALUG: meeting TOMORROW!: Tu 2018-08-21; & other BALUG News

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 21 20:55:39 PDT 2018

Quoting Jim Stockford (jim at well.com):

> Maybe a trouble-shooting topic would
> address your interest, a talk that focuses
> on a type of problem and a process of
> troubleshooting that can be repeated for
> other similar problems (probably including
> some info as to how to identify what kind
> of problem one is facing).

Capital idea.  Fortunately, the seminar on how to learn troubleshooting
is always in session.

As it may be of interest, I posted recently yet another troubleshooting
cautionary tale.  (Significant typos noted in passing: 'shove' was
supposed to be 'shovel', and 'hear' was supposed to be 'her'.)

http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/conspire/2018-August/009325.html
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/conspire/2018-August/009328.html

My favourite way of teaching the principles of troubleshooting is to
relate anecdotes where I screwed it up, and the above is a good example.