[conspire] Risks of automation

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 17 00:06:11 PDT 2018

A couple of details I forgot to include:

Q:  Why didn't you notice the automated watering not working at all?

A:  Because it's set to run once per day early in the morning before dawn,
    and once after dark.  (Watering when the sun's out is usually not
    a good idea.)  I haven't been up at 6:30am to observe the front and
    then side/back yard watering runs getting water, and just didn't
    happen to be out there at 7:30 pm to see that sequence, either.
    Nor was I up at 6am, three days a week, to see whether the lawn
    got watered.

Q:  How long was all watering shut down?