[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday, 20 August 2018

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 13 12:36:06 PDT 2018

Hi LUGers.

   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and  every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

New Firefox a window into our privacy?

     Firefox Prefs change.  Some users fear compromise of data.
     The site contains an article which describes changes you might
want to make and gives a .pref file that seem to avoid data compromise.

<https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/18/a-comprehensive-list-of-firefox-privacy-and-security-settings/>

     Additions to the distribution library!

ubuntu-18.04.1-live-server-amd64.iso
812 Megabytes checksums done.
Will copy to a bootable disk if requested.

netrunner-rolling-2018.08-64bit.iso
2.4 Gibibytes checksums done.
Making a DVD to look at this distribution.
Nice clean looking KDE's Plasma 5 installation
takes a while to boot up so may move to the
a Flash Drive.

     May likely have a new version of
Zorin12.4 at the meeting

     If anything interesting shows up in
the next week I will likely mention it
in another message.

     My Dell E6420 which I brought
to meetings may have moved on to
being a doorstop but I will try to get
it working over the next few days.
But I will bring in my Dell E6520
on which I tried out the Netrunner
2018.08.

     I expect to get another machine
for the meetings sometime in the near
future but am in no special hurry as
I am a bit short of energy at this time.

     Hope I see some of us at the next meeting.

     Bobbie Sellers