[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday 16 January 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue Jan 10 13:33:04 PST 2017

On 01/10/2017 12:03 PM, maestro wrote:
> quoting bobbie s.
>>> Well Alpine Linux seems to want to be the only one and to use
> a whole disk.  The installer is text-based and never showed me
> any of the partitions on the disk.
>
> did you drop into a terminal? what did:
> #fdisk -l

         It is all terminal so far.

> give for output?
>
> also, is it possible you didn't notice and (mistakenly) downloaded an .iso
> for a 'headless' version (which has NO gui) and the file name didn't
> indicate it?
>
> if so you can add at least a minimal gui to those during installation via
> the
> terminal in the future...
>
> i AM curious about your not being shown anything ^^^, that sounds
> counter-linux.
>
> will you please bring the same file to the meeting(s) and demonstrate for
> others?

     It is on the Dell e6420 in a Virtual Box.
     So of course it is coming to the meeting.
     I will also have 32 and 64 bit versions on CD at the meeting.

> thanks...
     You are entirely welcome but this was my plan all along, crafty
and cunning old lady that I am.

     bliss

> message ends.
>
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
>> wrote:
>> Hi LUGers,
>>
>>    SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
>> and  every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
>> at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     [snip]
     This is on the 16th of January 2017

     b.