[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday 16 January 2017

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 9 22:10:47 PST 2017

----- Forwarded message from Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> -----

Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 21:03:33 -0800
From: Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Re: [sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday 16 January 2017

On 01/09/2017 02:27 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):
>
>>      I have downloaded Alpine Linux in x86 and x86_64 check summed
>> them and written them to disk.  These are compact distributions and
>> are on CDs.  I should be able to get a version installed to disk and
>> somewhat upgraded from the base distribution.
>>      Well Alpine Linux seems to want to be the only one and to use
>> a whole disk.  The installer is text-based and never showed me
>> any of the partitions on the disk.   So I did not install this though
>> I may try it in Virtual Box later on.
>
> Using a VM is a good default.  That having been said:
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_setup_scripts#setup-disk
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_disks_manually

    Thanks Rick for the URLs. Strangely enough I had to shut down
both Tb and Firefox before i could use them.  After eating supper
tonight I thought about the problem and came up with shutting down
both programs and logging out & in before restarting either and
it worked.
    So I will try to make some sort of visual interface on the
Alpine Linux in the VB with the setup scripts before the next
meeting.

     Bobbie

----- End forwarded message -----