[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday 16 January 2017

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 12:03:13 PST 2017

quoting bobbie s.
>>Well Alpine Linux seems to want to be the only one and to use
a whole disk.  The installer is text-based and never showed me
any of the partitions on the disk.

did you drop into a terminal? what did:
#fdisk -l

give for output?

also, is it possible you didn't notice and (mistakenly) downloaded an .iso
for a 'headless' version (which has NO gui) and the file name didn't
indicate it?

if so you can add at least a minimal gui to those during installation via
the
terminal in the future...

i AM curious about your not being shown anything ^^^, that sounds
counter-linux.

will you please bring the same file to the meeting(s) and demonstrate for
others?

thanks...

message ends.

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com

--

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*