[sf-lug] WIFI set-up

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:07:39 PDT 2016

quoting rick moen:
>>You said you were looking for ways to setup Linux distros to 'connect
>>securely' to them (whatever that mean) in order to prevent
>>'trolls/assholes from knocking you off wifi connections'.

the post is general for anyone to setup not just me
please post here where i state anywhere in the thread;
"I am getting knocked off wifi."
i do know people that are...

_____________________

>>'to them (whatever that mean)

huh?

yep, looking for ways to setup distros 'IF' exists, sure am for everyone so
i can
share it with others. if it doesn't exist, there is an ANSWER.
 just because i ask a question doesn't mean automatically
assume i,i,i,.
odds of you getting this by reading, probably nil.

>>And my point?  It seems likely that all you did was Web-search for

   >>wifi disconnected

>>(or something like that) and just hurl random articles onto the mailing
>>list without bothering to consider that _no distro setup could help_
>>for the indicated sorts of harrassment -- inherently.  I.e., you didn't
>>stop to _read_ the articles you found to ensure they were relevant to
>>your original query.

nope. and yet another total assumption based in no fact, which you seem
to 'hurl' onto the mailing list quite often.

i'll easily remedy this as i shouldn't have responded to the last mail;
from now on, when i post anything to the SF-LUG mail list or any others...
and i don't have desire to hear rick moen's take on it (which most likely
won't
be all of them), i will tag the top of mail as such e.g.
[i am not asking rick moen this question]
or something similar...

no worries...

message ends.
__________________

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting maestro (maestro415 at gmail.com):
>
> > it IS 'possible' that [blah blah]
>
> Keyword is: 'crickets'.
>
> http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2015q1/010736.html
> http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2015q1/010743.html
> http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2015q1/010747.html
>

> Some of that got fixed because Michael Paoli stepped up to the plate and
> fixed it for you-plural.  The rest of you-lot didn't lift a finger.

> > sigh. kinda what the ORIGINAL  post is doing...
>
> _D00d_.
>
> You said you were looking for ways to setup Linux distros to 'connect
> securely' to them (whatever that mean) in order to prevent
> 'trolls/assholes from knocking you off wifi connections'.  I suggested
> this wasn't the likeliest explanation for your losing wifi connections,
> and general wifi flakiness would be likelier, and that the best way to
> approach security with a public wifi network is treat it (like all
> networks) as dangerous.
>
> You non-sequitur countered by nonsensically asking me to prove that
> 'trolls/assholes from knocking you off wifi connections' was impossible
> -- showing that you either didn't understand or chose to disregard the
> point about Occam's Razor.  You then followed up with links to two
> bizarre little articles.
>
> And my point?  It seems likely that all you did was Web-search for
>
>    wifi disconnected
>
> (or something like that) and just hurl random articles onto the mailing
> list without bothering to consider that _no distro setup could help_
> for the indicated sorts of harrassment -- inherently.  I.e., you didn't
> stop to _read_ the articles you found to ensure they were relevant to
> your original query.
>
> Thus my suggestion that you might want to learn some security, instead
> of just Web-searching articles.
>
> I've now had to explain this twice.  Odds of your getting the point?
> Probably still low.

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*