[sf-lug] WIFI set-up

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 19 13:29:55 PDT 2016

Quoting maestro (maestro415 at gmail.com):

> the post is general for anyone to setup not just me please post here
> where i state anywhere in the thread; "I am getting knocked off wifi."
> i do know people that are...

_Everyone_ loses wifi connections.

That's primarily because of various inadequacies built into (a) the wifi
standards, (b) anemic WAP hardware, and (c) oversubscribed WAPs.

> >>'to them (whatever that mean)
>
> huh?

Figure it out.

> i'll easily remedy this as i shouldn't have responded to the last
> mail; from now on, when i post anything to the SF-LUG mail list or any
> others...  and i don't have desire to hear rick moen's take on it
> (which most likely won't be all of them), i will tag the top of mail
> as such e.g.  [i am not asking rick moen this question] or something
> similar...

I could not possibly care less.

I post to LUG mailing lists for public benefit, and to pay forward in
gratutide for people who helped teach me, not as a free consulting
service for some pseudonymous guy who never learns anything.