[sf-lug] DSL suggestions for San Francisco

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 1 22:30:06 PST 2010

I've been quite pleased with Raw Bandwidth Communications.

I've been using them almost 7 years in Berkeley now.

Probably not the cheapest, but it has and continues to well suit
my needs and I believe is rather competitively priced for for
what I get.

They also offer (at least last I checked) referral credits - so
if one does set up a new account with them, might want to follow the
procedure to mention one of their current customers that referred
you.

If one's trying to scrape by on the cheap and isn't particularly concerned
about more onerous terms of service and such, I did post earlier this
year about setting up Linux with AT&T's basic "we don't support Linux"
ADSL service:
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2010q1/007388.html