[sf-lug] Free Linux PDAs of historical interest

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Mar 1 22:49:48 PST 2010

Michael Shiloh writes:
> It was through the Zaurus that I first met [Bill Kendrick], in fact. There was a game...

Bugsquish was the best Zaurus game ever. :-)

And yeah, it's strange how few devices have ever been produced with
that great screen technology the Zaurus used -- a frontlit color LCD,
so it still worked in daylight with the backlight off. The only
comparable screen I've seen was the non-Linux Palm Tungsten T.

And it was super easy to develop for (Qtopia or Java). With better
battery life and better Linux syncing, it could have been an
outstanding PDA or ebook reader.

	...Akkana