[sf-lug] Facebook - Operations Engineer (Palo Alto, CA)

Marshall Choi marshallchoi at facebook.com
Fri Mar 5 12:14:47 PST 2010

Title: Operations Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job Type: Full-time

 The Technical Operations team manages, monitors, and maintains Facebook's deployed servers and switches. The team also performs software installation and configuration changes, develops tools and scripts, and manages other projects related to the deployed network. The efficient, stable and fast operation of our infrastructure is crucial to our business.

Responsibilities:
 The Operations Engineer will: Effectively respond to tickets, emails, and phone calls made to the Operations group; Escalate events as required by the documented procedures with the proper level of urgency and follow through; Actively monitor the Facebook infrastructure using key tools; Quickly identify and analyze issues; Generate tickets based on internal requests and internal alerts and follow-up on escalated problems; Ensure standards and SLAs are met, including response time, follow up, ticket updates, and resolution; Clearly and effectively document information in the trouble ticket system - ensure smooth shift hand-offs; Interface with several teams to coordinate next actions; Execute standard network commands, functions, and procedures; Perform standard troubleshooting - diagnose troubles identified by our systems and work quickly to resolve issues; Document standard operating procedures.

Requirements:
 Bachelor's Degree in CS, MIS, or other related field preferred or equivalent experience; 2-5 years of equivalent experience, including a familiarity with Unix systems fundamentals, networking and database technologies; Strong interpersonal and communication skills; Strong attention to detail and accuracy; Excellent reliability and dependability; A strong desire to work hard at a fast paced company; Always curious and wanting to learn new things; Dependable and strong work ethic; Strong customer service mindset.

Facebook is an Equal Opportunity Employer

No Third Party Applications accepted.

To apply, send your Resume to marshallchoi at facebook.com<mailto:marshallchoi at facebook.com>. Please include the job title in the subject field.