[sf-lug] semi-OT: help with dying disk

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 14 11:49:46 PDT 2008

Quoting Blake Haggerty (Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com):

> I could have sworn that Kristian had brought up an article about
> Ubuntu killing hard drives on laptops awhile back but I couldn't find
> it in my emails. I did a quick google search and the problems your
> experiencing (power and HD failure) seem to be described here....
>
> http://ubuntudemon.wordpress.com/2007/10/28/laptop-hardrive-killer-bug-how-to-discover-whether-you-are-affected/

Chicken Little has a blog.  Who'd have thunk?

Anyhow, yes, the whole overblown flap was raised here last Halloween.
My posts to that thread:

http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2007q4/002595.html
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2007q4/002599.html

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell
rick at linuxmafia.com