[sf-lug] Posting and Announcement

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 12:19:25 PDT 2006

There has been some weirdness lately concerning Lenovo's commitment to Linux, but I don't think it really affects whether the new ThinkPads will run Linux. Traditionally, ThinkPads run Linux well without major installation problems. Some Linux distros are better at supporting newer hardware (especially newer processor/motherboard chipsets) than others. I'm not sure if Red Hat falls into the "cutting-edge" category, I tend to think it doesn't. Rick Moen may have some information concerning this. You may also try contacting someone at Red Hat.

Good luck.

jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:
    thank you for the info. good stuff, consider yourself
promoted.
    I'm shopping the lenovo website for a thinkpad,
but i want to put RHEL 4 on it and have the wifi
and CD/DVD burner work. I cannot find convincing
data to that effect.
    Got suggestions or encouragement? If I buy it, do
you know of anyone who'd help me get things to
work the way I want (I'm willing to pay money)?
hopefully,
jim

http://mail.yahoo.com