[sf-lug] Possibly interesting data point on jobs postings

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 16 01:55:45 PDT 2006

Quoting Sarah Mei (sarahmei at gmail.com):

> It is, of course, your list to run as you like, but the idea that the
> list has an official model that members must believe in to be welcome
> seems a bit...narrow.

Just to stress again, it's 100% Jim's list to administer and set / apply
policies for.  I'm just the bit janitor (and guy who owns the very
worthless hardware this jalopy runs on).

> Besides, the point of groups like this is to, over time, grow the
> linux community beyond its current bounds of mostly programmers and IT
> techs, until it includes people who aren't programmers by trade, maybe
> people like, for example, recruiters.

Never yet seen that in fourteen years as a Linux user, don't expect to.
(However, life's a glorious cycle of song, a medley of extemporanea, to
quote the good Ms. Parker.  I.e., life holds surprises when you, er,
least expect it.  ;->)

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                 "Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor."