[sf-lug] Possibly interesting data point on jobs postings

Sarah Mei sarahmei at gmail.com
Mon May 15 21:56:10 PDT 2006

I like the job posts I've seen so far (which have only been Beau's).

> To the extent that LUG mailing lists exist for interaction among members
> of the Linux community, the recruiters posting directly to them breaks
> (or at least dilutes) that model.

It is, of course, your list to run as you like, but the idea that the
list has an official model that members must believe in to be welcome
seems a bit...narrow.

Besides, the point of groups like this is to, over time, grow the
linux community beyond its current bounds of mostly programmers and IT
techs, until it includes people who aren't programmers by trade, maybe
people like, for example, recruiters.

Hmm.