[sf-lug] Jobs?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 1 09:14:08 PDT 2006

Quoting Greg Nelson (gnelson at gmail.com):

> My concern is that if job openings can be advertised, then on what grounds
> will the list reject other advertisements?  But if it were opened up to
> general ads, the list would become unattractive to me, and I suspect to
> others as well.

I'll just point out that jobs listings  are just _not_ what this or any
other user group mailing list are about, and that pretty much everyone
knows where to go, to find them[1].

A couple of other nearby groups have posted jobs policies, which might
be interesting to compare:

SVLUG -- posted here:  http://www.svlug.org/policies/job-policy.shtml
Essentially, jobs postings must go to the moderated jobs mailing list
created for that purpose, and not to the Linux discussion lists.  There
are a couple of other rules about geographic relevance.

Again, a dedicated, moderated jobs mailing list, and such postings may
not go to the main discussion lists.