[sf-lug] Jobs?

Greg Nelson gnelson at gmail.com
Mon May 1 08:21:00 PDT 2006

If job announcements are allowed, I support the three requirements that Jim
lists.

My concern is that if job openings can be advertised, then on what grounds
will the list reject other advertisements?  But if it were opened up to
general ads, the list would become unattractive to me, and I suspect to
others as well.

Greg Nelson

On 4/29/06, jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

> speaking for myself only, I think using this email list
> to announce job openings is okay if postings are
> * local (south marin, berkeley oakland, mid-peninsula)
> * require linux skills
> * brief, with skill requirements and job location info.
> I myself would particularly welcome postings for jobs
> that are entry-level and part-time.
>
> Could the rest of you speak for yourselves, too, please.
> jim
>

> On Apr 28, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Beau Gould wrote:
>
> > Is it safe to post SF jobs here or will it be grounds for auto-ban?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Beau J. Gould
> >
> > Open Source Staffing
> > www.open-source-staffing.com
> > beau at open-source-staffing.com

Sincerely,

Greg Nelson
greg at perlnelson.org
839 Richardson Ct Palo Alto, CA USA 94303
(650) 856 8103 (home) (650) 856 8103 (office) (650) 954 5338 (mobile)