[sf-lug] [new-sfwow] (jobs) This is interesting....

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Apr 14 10:34:03 PDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:43:40PM -0700, Adrien Lamothe wrote:
> I've noticed that when I go to websites using Java, they are very slow, so I'm guessing that Java may be slow on the server side also.

Rarely have I seen a PHP-based or Perl-based website spilling bizarre,
unintelligable, user-unfriendly exceptions at me.

Whenever I see crap like that, I look up to the Location bar, and go
"as I figured...  JSP|ASP"  :^/  (Admittedly, it's usually the latter...
but I agree, JSP-based sites seem slower.  It's ridiculous to blame Java
entirely, since I have no way of telling what kind of iron they're running
the site on, but irregardless, it's something I do notice often, as well!)

<snip>
[someone's post included...]
> -- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Proprietary/Confidential Information
> belonging to eRide, Inc. may be contained in this message. If you
> are not a recipient indicated or intended in this message (or
> responsible for delivery of this message to such person), or you
> think for any reason that this message may have been addressed to
> you in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message (and
> all attachments) to anyone else. In such case, you should destroy
> this message (and all attached documents) and are asked to notify
> the sender by reply email.

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com