[conspire] bank doesn't like Iceweasel

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Wed Aug 31 10:27:15 PDT 2016

Yes, I definitely agree, if possible, to use the official packages, in this case Debian Testing.  And, amazingly there was a very recent update to Iceweasel / Firefox that fixed my problem.
I followed the link to Linuxmafia, where you suggest several add-ons:
NoScript     I have been using this for several years, following discussion at CABAL.  :-)  Lately it has sometimes been cumbersome as web-sites use multiple cloud servers to hold desired content.

User Agent Switcher  This was just discussed as a way to spoof Iceweasel.  Not that I need that particular situation now.

RequestPolicy  Adblock Plus         And  I thought just NoScript was quite an improvement.Beef Taco

HTTPS Everywhere  This sounds like a winner.
BugMeNot              404 not found
OptimizeGoogle      Server Not Found
Firebug                   Looks like it could be very useful for web development.
Torbutton
Now that the Tor Browser includes a patched version of Firefox, and because we don't have enough developer resources to keep up with the accelerated Firefox release schedule, the toggle model of Torbutton is no longer supported. Users should be using Tor Browser, not installing Torbutton themselves.