[conspire] Creating Home Partition

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 4 01:29:37 PDT 2007

Quoting David E. Fox (dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com):

> Agreed that seems to be the way to go about it.. but I did bring up
> (privately) to John that I wasn't sure if the new partition could live
> in the middle (going by logical cylinder numbers) between hdb1 and hdb2
> (i.e., overlap).

It's not an issue.

I think I forgot my footnote.  It would have been that, actually, I
really don't believe in non-destructive resizing utilities.  Instead, my
_own_ inclination is to copy the filesystem contents to somewhere safe,
e.g., using one of the standard methods detailed in "Copying Directory
Trees" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Admin/ , then blow away the
filesystem(s), remake it/them to the desired size, then copy the data
back.