[conspire] Creating Home Partition

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Thu May 3 21:43:04 PDT 2007

On Thu, 3 May 2007 17:20:29 -0700

> 1.  Boot a maintenance disk (e.g., live CD).
> 2.  Use your favourite tool to nondestructively shrink /dev/hdb1, leaving
>     some unallocated space on /dev/hdb.[1]

Agreed that seems to be the way to go about it.. but I did bring up
(privately) to John that I wasn't sure if the new partition could live
in the middle (going by logical cylinder numbers) between hdb1 and hdb2
(i.e., overlap). Of course if that's possible then it isn't an issue,
otherwise he'd have to move everything around, or delete and remake
partitions after the (new) /dev/hdb2.

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.