[sf-lug] On some commandline text editors

Alex Kleider alexkleider at protonmail.com
Sun Sep 1 14:38:56 PDT 2024

My favourite is vim.  Perhaps "favourite" is the wrong word. It's the only one with the features I value _and_ within my capabilities to use.  (I'm typing this while in Canada so please don't be too critical of the extra "u":-)
Once installed, type "vimtutor" at the command line and you'll be moderately proficient at vim within an hour or so.
When I first discovered Linux I tried emacs but it was beyond me.
Many who program use IDE's to generate code but the command line with vim suits me best.
My opinion fwiw:-)

Alex Kleider  (set from my current gizmo)