[sf-lug] last one for tonight

KLH 111111 klh111111 at outlook.com
Wed Nov 1 16:55:54 PDT 2023

It was someone from ACM again that put me onto TTL.  When your lab has NIS it is master for sysctl.  I do not recall if he was LBL or LLNL.

That is NIS admin can set TTL for entire domain added into NIS.

bing - Searching for: ip_default_ttl to sys/proc

sysctl

-w net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=<value>

or

sysctl(8) - Linux man page (die.net)<https://linux.die.net/man/8/sysctl>

sysctl(8) - Linux man page<https://linux.die.net/man/8/sysctl>
sysctl is used to modify kernel parameters at runtime. The parameters available are those listed under /proc/sys/. Procfs is required for sysctl(8) support ...
linux.die.net

your shell on unix variant

so value is anything

so sysctrl must check args

or when reboot i guess it goes back to default it could boot with

or NIS is master