[sf-lug] Meeting notes and Lately at Distrowatch

tom r lopes tomrlopes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:10:30 PST 2023

I was at the coffee on Geary.  Cafe Enchante.  Only me.

As to Ken's adventures in UEFI, grub-install has an option to
write bootx64.efi

grub-install --removable

So you can chroot and run that command.

Some firmwares don't handle the NVRAM properly.

I have seen in some Acer laptops you have to go into bios
setup and specifically anoint the bootloader file.

Thomas