[sf-lug] Meeting notes and Lately at Distrowatch

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Feb 5 16:34:09 PST 2023

Hi LUGers,
	Is my face red?? Not quite but I completly forgot about the
online meeting this morning.  I just remember about 4:30 PM
.

	I am sorry about that.  I just shows how far around the bend
I am.

	I hope someone who attended will tell us who  was
there and and what was discussed.

	Meantime at the Distrowatch site.

                   ==================================
			Lately at Distrowatch.com
                   ==================================

                   ==================================

2023-02-02 	NEW • Distribution Releases: Slax 15.0.1, 11.6.0
	Tomáš Matějíček has announced the availability of
Slax 15.0.1 (based on Slackware's  "Current" branch) and 11.6.0
(based on Debian 11.6.0). Both new releases of the project's
minimalist live distribution bring updated software as well as
improved persistence. The increase in the persistent memory is
great.
    The Debian version uses systemd but the Slackware version uses sysV.
Release notes at the following URL.
  <https://www.slax.org/blog/27718-New-Slax-released.html>

    Well the return to Slackware is greatly appreciatde but they
should split this into Slax and Little Debbie.  Both are under
300 MBs and have 32 bit as well as 64 bit versions.

	Later
	Bobbie Sellers