[sf-lug] Reminder: TOMORROW!: BALUG: meeting: Tu 2022-05-17 Dynamic DNS (DDNS), presented by Michael Paoli; & other BALUG News

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Fri Jun 3 13:05:14 PDT 2022

Michael Paoli wrote on 2022-05-16 16:35:

> Reminder: TOMORROW!: BALUG: meeting: Tu 2022-05-17 Dynamic DNS (DDNS),
> presented by Michael Paoli; & other BALUG News

Welp, I'm kicking myself for missing this meeting. Sounds fascinating,
and Michael's DNS knowledge is formidable.

> o Pros/cons - why would/wouldn't one want to?

Any chance of elaboration on this point?

I'm thinking of a pro: ability to "ssh thinkpad" without /etc/hosts
entries and not needing to remember / statically assign IP addresses?

Can't think of any cons off the top of my head.

> You can do useful and cool stuff volunteering to help BALUG.
>
> Quite a variety of opportunities to help BALUG.  Come talk to us at a
> meeting and/or drop us a note at: balug-contact at balug.org
> These opportunities may include, among other possibilities:
> o assist or lead on speaker coordination/procurement, etc.

> o Linux Systems Administration (e.g. do/assist/learn, with/under some
>       quite experienced and skilled Linux systems administrator(s)).
> o webmaster, assistant webmaster, designer, graphic artist
> o archivist/history/retrieval/etc.
> o and other various/miscellaneous tasks BALUG would like to be doing
>       (also feel free to suggest ideas!)

I'm willing to help out on stuff that can be done remotely (SysAdmin
stuff primarily).

If you prefer, I can send this portion of the message to
balug-contact at balug.org.

Thanks,

rb

PS	Now following on Twitter.