[sf-lug] New release of Poeteus on Distrowatch.com

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Thu Jul 8 15:07:21 PDT 2021

Hi LUGers,

     Look at Porteus which is a compact distribution offering a variety
of Desktop Managers in different iso files None of which use systemd.
You can find it today at the top of the list.  You can download the
the x86_64 versions from the Distrowatch site and they have mirrors
such as this one where you can get the i586 versions:
  <http://ftp.vim.org/ftp/os/Linux/distr/porteus/i586/current/>

     When I say compact above I mean these fit in the space of
a cd r/w disk with room to spare.

     Bobbie Sellers aka bliss - boots & runs a Pretty Cool Linux Operating
System aka pclinuxos.    Linux 5.12.15 today....