[sf-lug] Fry's now *permanently* shutting down

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Feb 24 08:47:38 PST 2021

Quoting aaronco36 (aaronco36 at SDF.ORG):

> I know folks here have relied upon Fry's in the recent past for our
> computer and electronics supplies, even up to the current state of
> the COVID-19 pandemic :-(

Central Computer continues to both exist and (unlike today's dead
warehouse store chain that had been gasping for years) not suck rocks.

I learned decades ago that the only real Fry's value propositions were,
even _before _ the empty shelves of recent years: great selection of
NiMh batteries and chargers, excellent magazine rack, and extended
evening hours.  Otherwise, I'd gladly drive a lot farther to go to
Central Computer.  They always had a much better selection of non-junk.