[sf-lug] SF-LUG online meeting notes of Sunday December 6, 2020

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:38:03 PST 2020

hi bobbie;
re: cafe enchante
i have cruised on by occasionally over the last few months during
#WuhanChineseVirusShutdownsBullshit
and it has been [OPEN] and GOOD FOR THEM!!!...
was takeout but i just looked on webs and got this reference:
<https://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-enchante-san-francisco?start=100>

which shows they have sit-down now sooo...
next time i cruise on by i'll put my TUX mask on and dive in to ask what
the real vetted info is...
then let you know and you can circulate it at your leisure...

be well all...

'maestro'... >>>

message ends.
_________________________

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 11:02 PM Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com>
wrote:

> Hi LUGers,
>
>      Well this is coming out later than I thought due to real life demands.
>
>      The meeting got underway on time with myself and Alex K. being
> first on hand quickly joined by Ken S. and John S.
>
>      We got a visitor, Wayne from Felton-LUG down by Santa Cruz.
> That LUG is having online meeting on the First and 3rd Saturdays
> on jit.si  We are welcome to join them but their website may have
> been taken over from what I found this evening when I went to
> look for the meeting times.
>
>      In addition Michael Paoli showed up doing updates, and providing
> expert advice.
>
>      Ken S. showed us the results and the packaging of his
> new Wifi range extender which provided much clearer voice
> and video transmission.  This is plugged into the main
> router and it synchronizes with that appliance and it runs
> a simple Linux that uses an administrative password which
> you can set. It has an Ethernet connection for the router
> sync and then is plugged into the wall socket near the
> computer's working location.
>
>     Tom showed up and wanted advice which he got too much
> of from me and Michael Paoli - He wants to add a larger
> capacity SSD boot drive to his laptop.  Advice from
> one of us would have been sufficient.  I think he had
> an idea or two though and it will be interesting to hear
> more from him either at a meeting or in email.
>
>      Akkana Peck called in from New Mexico(I believe)
> and mostly observed though she had a few remarks.
>
>      I tried to connect via my E6540 as well but it and
> the E7420 share the same URL (I realised this moment) so
> I did not get to show off the Mageia I have
> running in Virtual Box at the moment.
>
>      At the end of the meeting after a several members
> had left, Aaron C. connected but I had problems hearing
> his remarks.  Similarly Al W.  came along shortly before
> 1 PM.  I think Al was having configuration problems.
>
>      Oh and we discussed the possibility of return to
> the in person meetings.  Maybe as early as June or July
> but I think by August though someone else put it in
> September.   The question was raised as to whether
> the Cafe Enchante was still in business.  I will try
> to find out current status in the next few days.
>
>      I had to eat and left shortly after 1 PM.
>
>      As always I ask the attendees to provide corrections
> where my meager understanding has failed to provide clarity
> in these notes.
>
>      Happy Holidays and I hope you celebrated the Feast
> of St.Nicolas today otherwise a chance to celebrate
>
>      Happy New Year in 2021.  Remember that the next
> LUG meeting will be on January 3, 2021 on jit.si
> from 11 AM to 1 PM PST with interested parties free
> to stick around for as long as they care to do so.
>
>      Bobbie Sellers - “Nearly any fool can use a computer. Many do.”
> After all here I am...

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*