[sf-lug] seeking advice re running Windows (on a Linux OS)

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 22:02:46 PDT 2020

I've always just shrunk the Windows partition and installed my Linux distro
of choice, but
until last year, never needed Windows until I got a Steam game that only
ran on Windows. I have installed a W10 virtual machine within the last 9
months, and was happy about performance and no requirement for activation,
but wouldn't expect to play that Steam game on a VM. Even on native
Windows, with a 2G Quadro GPU, the game refused to run, claiming not enough
video memory (but did run on a 1G GPU with 6x the performance).  I've never
had any real conflicts with multibooting, but of course others will have
their horror stories.
Ken