[sf-lug] Recent downloads of some interest...

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Sep 18 12:50:14 PDT 2020

Hi LUGers,

     So I have downloaded and checksumed the following items.
     If you would like to see any of them demoed via the share screen
of the jitsi meeting then let me know via the Mailing List and I will
try to get them running on VirtualBox.

     This is an odd ball distro that seems to be for games.
garuda-wayfire-lite-200831-linux-zen.iso  I have been unable to
locate checksums for this distribution which seems to be
from the name, from Southern Asia.  Garuda is a mythical
bird.

Latest is Parrot-kde-home-4.10_amd64.iso
Also Parrot-kde-security-4.10_amd64.iso

     antiX-19.2_386-full.iso
     antiX-19.2-x64-full.iso
     antiX-19.2-runit_x64-full.iso.

     Kali has a new release out 2020.03 and I expect
to have it by the meeting.  So I got just the one
version. kali-linux-2020.3-installer-amd64.

     pclinuxos64-kde5-magnum-2020.0815.iso
     pclinuxos64-kde5-2020.08.iso
     pclinuxos64-MATE-2020.08.iso
     pclinuxos64-xfce-mini-2020.08.iso
     pclinuxos64-kde5-darkstar-2020.08.iso
     pclinuxos64-xfce-2020.08.iso
There was also a magnum 2020.08 but it seems
to have been superceded by 08.15.

     MX-19.2_KDE_x64.iso  am playing Angband on this one and doing updates.
The MX-19.2 xfce  failed to save my Angband character properly and that
was after
I had put many hours into raising it to knighthood and equipping with
artifacts.

     I got the Ubuntu 18.04.5 and the 16.04.7 but if you 'buntu users
have been
doing your updates you won't need these but for fresh re-installations as
the point of these is to include the anti-Boothole measures, which is
also true
of the 2020.04.1 'buntu releases.

     Another threat was announced but seems to be limited to users of
obsolete
kernels but I guess it could hit Android earlier versions.

         If there is something else you would like to see demoed via
Virtual Box
at the Jitsi meeting let me know.

     If you find the concept of jitsi meeting demonstration on Virtual
Box pointless
or would prefer some other information let me know.

         Bobbie Sellers