[sf-lug] Google Groups header munging

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 12 11:35:58 PDT 2020

> From: "Rick Moen" <rick at linuxmafia.com>
> Subject: Re: [sf-lug] Switch meeting from Jitsi to Zoom
> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 04:16:59 -0700

> Quoting Glen Jarvis (glen at glenjarvis.com):
>
>> I have known about these bounced for some time. I get the DMARC policy
>> reports of which ones get rejected as well and have seen these bounce
>> (but only for linuxmafia). I do not have issues with other mailing
>> lists nor google groups.
>
> I am guessing that other MLMs like Sympa and whatever proprietary junk
> Google Groups uses employ a similar kludge to the DMARC-workaround
> kludge that recent Mailman releases can do.

Oh, Google Groups munges the heck out'a headers.

Let's just look at one typical example ... and for relative simplicity,
not showing all the headers, but mostly those relevant to munging and
likely otherwise of interest and/or surprise:

Let's start with what didn't change (again not showing all), and
here too, I'll also just show the header labels themselves, not
their contents: